Thursday, June 12, 2014

Manna



Then the Lord said to Moses.
"I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out each day and gather
enough for that day.."

Exodus 16:4

***

My Constant One
Michelle Tumes

`..When I feast on the words that You speak 
they will feed my hunger..
*
My Constant One'

***

..Samuel answered, "Here I am" 
and he ran to Eli and said "Here I am; you called me"
But Eli said,  "I did not call; go back and lie down"
So he went and lay down.
Again the Lord called, "Samuel!"
And Samuel got up and went to Eli
and said,
"Here I am; you called me."
"My son," Eli said, "I did not call; go back and lie down"
Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord: the word of the Lord had not yet 
been revealed to him.
The Lord called Samuel a third time,
and Samuel got up and went to Eli and said 
"Here I am, you called me"
Then Eli realised that the Lord was calling the boy.
So Eli told Samuel:
"Go and lie down, if He calls you, say 
`Speak Lord, for your servant is listening' "..

1 Samuel 3:4-9